CVE Project Publications
- A Framework for Prototyping Collaborative Virtual Environments (CRIWG05)
- This paper gives a general overview of the Unicron framework. Early
versions of CVE were named Unicron.
- Programming Language Support for Collaborative Virtual Environments (CASA05)
- This paper describes language support for CVE's, mainly 3D graphics
- Remembrances of Things Past: Using Maps and Routes to Navigate through Virtual Environment Experiences (HICSS06)
- This paper describes a design of navigational aids for
- Adding High Level VoIP Facilities to the Unicon Language (ITNG06)
- This paper describes the voice communication facilities that were
added as part of broader multiplatform audio support.
- Integrating Collaborative Program Development and Debugging within a
Virtual Environment (CRIWG 08)
- This paper describes the collaborative IDE that is built-in to our
- Using Non-Player Characters as Tutors in Virtual Environments
- This paper describes a design for computer-controlled tutorial
instructors in our virtual environment.
- SCI: Towards a Collaborative Integrated Development Environment (WSCE09)
- This paper introduces social networking features into
our hybrid IDE+VE
- PNQ: Portable Non-Player Characters with Quests (CW2010)
- Details the architecture, models, and formats for multi-platform NPCs.
- Building a Collaborative Virtual Environment:
a Programming Language Codesign Approach (CW2011)
- Description of the interactions between CVE and the Unicon language
as the projects evolved together.
- Jafar Al Gharaibeh's Ph.D. Dissertation, 08/2012
- on language support for virtual environments
- Hani Bani Salameh's Ph.D. Dissertation, 08/2011
- on social networks in collaborative virtual environments
- Hani Bani Salameh's M.S. report, 11/2006
- multi-lingual IDE
- Shyam Bukka's M.S. report, 2/2006
- virtual tables and chairs
- Rashmi Ramagiri's M.S. report, 2/2006
- Moodle interoperability for our CVE
- Ziad Al Sharif's M.S. thesis, 7/2005
- Voice Over IP support
- Jayanthan Elumalai's M.S. report, 7/05
- remote site connection sharing
- Yo Sep Kim's M.S. report, 7/05
- Wynn Winkler's M.S. report, 12/04
- basis for multi-user network communication of avatar behavior
Project Source Code Formatting Guidelines
- With Professor Griswold's blessing, I will be producing a revised
version of this document for Unicon-related coding.