Education/Courseware Affinity Group
This group was originally charged with providing support for
instructors to operate courses. Their primary initial artifact was
CVE interoperation with MOODLE.
They also designed CVE-internal course navigation aids.
Over time, it was decided to broaden the CVE to
contain in-game educational activities. A set of NPC's
and CS and library skills content activities has been designed
with the help of the University of Idaho CS 383-384 software engineering
This group is looking for new members and ideas.
Ideas about maps and tours (from a CS 579 guest lecture):
- Integrate Notepad, Electronic Blackboard, Calendar/Schedule in the main
- Use size distinctions between nodes (Large = Important, Small = not so
important), and perhaps use animated gifs or color coded nodes
- Nodes are involved in the text (I am not sure what this is, but I wrote it
- History of tour node (when a node gets updatedm, say, on the collaborative
line, the old node has a link to the new node)
- Multiple collaborative lines (instead of just one)
- Add a lounge line to chat & interact with other avatars. So you can
click on the lounge line and get transported to the lounge, while the map is
in the background.
- Whether we should have a central point as FTP, or whether we should use
context based FTP (i.e. Right mouse click on the video screen to ftp
there), or both
- Separate rooms for learning concepts (you literally get to walk through
the map with a 2d presentation perhaps in the right uppercorner?)